These peanut butter cookies are the easiest and definitely the yummiest cookies you will ever bake. If you are a peanut butter lover, you gotta try them.
Why should you bake these cookies?
As far as I can remember, I have always been a sucker for these little pieces of heaven. I have been baking them since I was a child. They are that easy to bake. All you need to have is a few ingredients on hand, a few minutes of your time (20 minutes precisely) and you can bake these cookies from scratch. No flour, no butter and no mess.
With just simple four ingredients you can bake these crispy cookies. You need:
Use Creamy Peanut Butter
It is important to use creamy peanut butter for this recipe. The pieces of peanuts and oil in the peanut butter will give the richness and crispiness to these cookies. And because of it you wouldn’t need to go through the hassle of adding flour or butter to your batter.
I use the full fat peanut butter and would suggest to not use reduced fat peanut butter for this recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can make the dough and put it in refrigerator for up to three days in advance. When you want to bake, simply take out the dough and let it rest for about 30 minutes to bring it to room temperature. The butter in the dough would have hardened and it would need some time to loosen up.
How to Store
On the Counter: The peanut butter bread will stay fresh at room temperature for up to 4 days. I store the breads in an air-tight bread container.
In the Fridge: Keep them in the refrigerator for up to a week.
In the Freezer: You can freeze the bread by wrapping it in plastic wraps and seal it in a Ziploc bag for up to 3 months.
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy) (250 grams) at room temperature
- 1 cup castor sugar (220 grams)
- 1 egg (large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (4.34 grams)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Arrange the silicon sheet on the baking sheet and set aside.
- Ina large bowl combine the peanut butter and sugar until creamy with an electric mixer.Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix for another 2 minute or until combined.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop out the cookies on the baking tray. Press them with a fork to give the shape of the traditional peanut butter cookies.
- Bake for about 10 – 12 minutes or until the sides of the cookies turn slightly golden.
- Cool the cookies on the wire rack for 20 minutes before serving.